Saturday, January 21, 2012

St. George Half Marathon

This morning I ran the Saint George half marathon. For some reason I was pretty nervous about running it. You expect sunny and warm weather in St. G, but it was cold and rainy. Despite the weather, it was still a lot of fun. My first half marathon I ran in 2 hours and 9 minutes, and it was all down hill (Provo Canyon). This one I ran in 1 hour 59 minutes, and it wasn't all down hill. We started and finished in the same spot. I'm glad I ran it.
Finish Line (Caroline and the kids were there)


2 comments:

Caralee said...

Ryan, this is Grant. You look awesome. That might be just enough to inspire me to do something. I've done a little bit of racquetball through the past year, but nothing as good as running. I started out last year at 244, the most I've ever weighed, but I did manage to lose 20 pounds over the year, so I'm sitting right now at 224, which is what I ballooned up to fairly quick after I got married. I'm going to try and lose another 20 this year, but it will have to be a more concerted effort, because most of my weight loss last year was due to some anxiety I had through out the year, although there was some trying involved.

Anyway, keep it up. I'm not a blogger or Facebooker, but I'd like to be a better friend and keep contact with you more. I do email pretty well, though. Send me your email and I'll drop you a note and let you know about all the excitement Caralee and I have had in the past couple of months - some of which I'm sure you've heard. My email is grantsanders6@gmail.com. Talk to you later. -Grant

Kristin said...

Ryan, this is David. You are an inspiration and always have been! Way to go! I'm going to look at your blog every day to keep me motivated to run.